Re: [TowerTalk] [antenneX] Vol 2 of the Wire Antennas book released

To: w2lu@rochester.rr.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [antenneX] Vol 2 of the Wire Antennas book released
From: k7lxc@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 16:02:39 EST

In a message dated 1/10/2010 12:00:50 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
w2lu@rochester.rr.com writes:

>I Tower Talk really open advertising space ??

    I posted the Wire Antennas book as an FYI to  TowerTalkians - many of
whom are interested in antennas wire antennas,  particularly a book from a
recognized expert in the field.

    I'd say the majority of topics on TT have to do  with buying something
so it'd be impossible to ban any discussion of products  that are for sale
somewhere.

    I encourage manufacturers and dealers to  participate in TT since they
are the experts in their products - e.g. Gerald,  K5GW of Texas Towers and
Steve, K1PEK of Davis RF have both contributed over  the years and I thank
them.

    OTOH I do discourage real hardcore sales posts  (like 10% off this
week, etc.).

    If you've got some tower or antenna related  stuff to sell or are
looking for the same, feel free to post your For  Sale or WTB posts on TT. Why
not? Someone's looking for it.

    To answer your question, it is an open  advertising space within
limits.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TT ADMIN