Re: [TowerTalk] DX Eng NCC-1 Receive Antenna Phasing Controller

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DX Eng NCC-1 Receive Antenna Phasing Controller
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:09:57 -0500
W1KSZ:

 > Is anyone using one of these ? I am interested in your opinion of it
and what kind of antenna(s) you use it with. How well does it work ??

         I've been using one for ~1 month with a pair of Beverages
for null steering to the backside.  It works very well (after
discovering several documentation mistakes...since corrected in the
latest Rev5 online manual).  I previously tried an MFJ-1025 (with all
W8JI mods) but it was adding ~18 dB of noise.  The NCC-1 adds nothing
and is much easier to adjust.  I was lucky to find one NIB for $300
shipped but they often go for $400 used versus the current list price
of $600.  That's a steep price but the construction and design is first class.

73 & GL!

Bill  W4ZV