Re: [TowerTalk] Guywires - changing to - Tower Base

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guywires - changing to - Tower Base
From: "Gary \"Joe\" Mayfield" <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 06:56:25 -0600
Doug,

    Thanks for the help.  I was hoping to hear from someone up North :-) .
I will follow the specs exactly for my 5'9" X 5'9" by 4' hole.  I was
worried about frost jacking / ground heaving.

     On a related note I was surprised to see in the Rohn notes that wire
mess was acceptable for re-enforcing, do you know of anyone who has done
that as opposed to rebar?  It sure would be easier to work with.

73,
Joe kk0sd