Re: [TowerTalk] Omni Antenna on the side of the tower

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Omni Antenna on the side of the tower
From: Kipton Moravec <kip@kdream.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:30:22 -0600
So 5' should be enough. Since we are using a WRT54GL we do have
diversity so we could put one on each side.

The concern at 5 feet is now length of coax (although not as bad as
tower screwing SWR). We are probably looking at 8 feet, and I normally
like to keep under 4-5 feet because of the losses at 2.4 GHz.  I have 3
feet of LMR400 to polyphasor then 18" of LMR100 to the router in a
weatherproof box on the tower. I run weatherproof Ethernet cable (with
POE) down the tower.

Thanks,

Kip