[TowerTalk] Hustler 5BTV Problem and their servicing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hustler 5BTV Problem and their servicing
From: "Steve, W3AHL" <w3ahl@att.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 15:32:57 -0500
We used a Butternut HF6V on a large metal roofed county  building successfully.
 The base loading coil had to be stretched out really long (per the manual's
hints regarding a metal roof) and we eliminated the 75-ohm coax quarter-wave
matching section intended for 20M.  The loading coil should be slid over a
plastic tube and mounted securely to stabilize it.

I think a 43' vertical with an SGC tuner is probably a better option, but have
never compared them side by side....

Steve, W3AHL
Message: 3