Re: [TowerTalk] LP v SteppIR

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LP v SteppIR
From: "DF3KV" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 21:09:46 +0100
I owned my KLM LPA already long before SteppIR joined the market.

Advantage is instant band change, no moving parts, no controller, no traps.
It might last longer then a SteppIR.
Compared to a 3-element SteppIR I would not think there will much difference
in electrical performance.
Mine is designed for use from 10-30MHz but is pretty flat from 10-60MHz and
works pretty well on 6m, boom is 32´long.
I still use HighGain mono banders about 40 years and KLM 30 years old as
well, so all aluminum antennas look very reliable to me.

73
Peter