Re: [TowerTalk] LP v SteppIR

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LP v SteppIR
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 20:16:59 -0800
Doug Turnbull wrote:
> How does one stack two log periodic antennas which operate over such a wide
> range of frequencies?   I thought the stacking distance was dependent on the
> frequency.   Now if one is using them so that one can take advantage of
> signals arriving at different angles that is a different consideration.

If you have a time delay between the two antennas (as opposed to a phase
shift), then the time delay sets the angle, frequency independent. Since
most folks use a hunk o' coax for the phasing, then you're good to go.

If you're using phase reversing (e.g. in phase, out of phase) then it
doesn't work as well.