Re: [TowerTalk] LPDA phasing, stacking, timing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LPDA phasing, stacking, timing
From: jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 08:08:32 -0500
Whilst Jim Lux and Jim Brown joust over whether it's phasing, polarity, or time
delay,
I would assert that a time delay which is equal to a 180 degree phase
transition at the
frequency in question IS a phase delay.

And that brings me back to where I THINK this particular nit began to be
picked....

If you have two LPDA's,   and they're on the tower with the upper one tilted
down, and
the lower one tilted up,  and you're able to produce .5 lambda spacing over the
full octave
range of the antenna by virtue of that tilt.....

AND, if the feed system to the dipoles is a parallel transmission line.

THEN I would assert that simply reversing the phase (ok, polarity if you like)
of one of
the antennas AT that feedpoint will result in the two either being IN or OUT of
phase.

At the risk of invoking the voice of the dead,  Cebik felt that was correct.
Am I missing something?

N2EA/Jim

and the JIM^2  jousts are below, if you've not seen them...