Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna spacing question

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>, "'Jim Thomson'" <Jim.thom@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna spacing question
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:08:11 -0600
Jim,

"Delhi's are very limited as to what you can do with them."

If you are ever in windy, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, give me a call I will
show you what can be done with Delhi towers, all guyed, and most heavily
loaded.  For example, I had a 132 foot guyed Delhi with a 4L KLM 40m 42
foot boom mounted on top for years before I took it down and replaced it
with a CC XM240.  A little twisting action in the tower, if guyed
properly, has not been a problem.  Another one of my Delhi towers, with
rotating top, has 5 beams - KLM 6L 15m, hb 5 L 10m, 6L 6m, 155CA, and
A3WS.  Never had a Delhi tower come down.

Doug

I'll run the race and I will never be the same again.