Re: [TowerTalk] 2 Element Quad and Baluns

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2 Element Quad and Baluns
From: "Van K7VS" <wa7fab@cdsnet.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 21:57:14 -0800
I completely agree with Tony.  Have been running a three element gem quad
for nearly forty years.  Many of them with the feed lines for the three
bands tied together.  Finally gave up trying to get the swr down and for the
past ten years (light came on in the house!) I have run 1/4 wave stubs to a
heathkit mast remote coax switch and then back to the shack with rg8.  works
much better.

BTW, I have a complete three band three element gem quad in the garage
including the spreaders available and for sale.

Van,  K7VS  Nr 1 on the honor roll and also XZ0A dxpedition group member
and personally operated as XZ1VS from Rangoon