[TowerTalk] Feeding a Delta Loop

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Feeding a Delta Loop
From: Stuart Browne <stuartpbrowne@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 14:28:06 -0600
I'm looking at installing a Delta Loop for 80 m. on my 75' tower. The low
end of the triangle will be about 20' off the ground ( the tower is on my
rooftop (flat).  I know that the conventional wisdom is a feed point in the
center of the lower side of the equilateral triangle which is around 50
ohms.  ON4UN describes feeding a DL at 1/4 wl from the Apex of the triangle
to achieve a 23 deg take off angle (which is what I'm after).

I'm looking for any "real world" feedback as to the pros/cons of feeding a
DL at the apex, lower center, corner or 1/4wl from the apex.

73's,
Stu
WH6H