[TowerTalk] 80m Delta loop bad experience

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m Delta loop bad experience
From: Hector Garcia XE2K <j_hector_garcia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 19:47:26 -0800 (PST)
After install my 40m Delta loop and how low noise, broadband was,  my mind was
fixed to get one for 80m, a few months later  build it and installed , the SWR
was not soo bad using a 4:1 balun in that time, because the 4:1 balun works
great in the 40m Delta, maybe for that old installation and all the guy wires
around ,  but in the 80m my bad experience was the OVERLOAD of the Broadcast
that was something in my old dipole never happen, with no BCB filter and a
IC-706  was terrible,  QUIT and  back to my dipole  with the Cheap  voltage
balun that eat the Broadcast,  more than 10 years since,  but NOW i'm thinking
very seriously  to install it  again  and give it the try  horizontal Pol , 1/4
CATV hardline and some ferrites for choke.,  think the SWR will be much better
now with the tower using Kevlar  for guys.

the bottom section longer than the  other 2, works  for me .

J. Hector Garcia XE2K / WT6J

   Mexicali B.C  DM22fp

P.O.Box 73

El Centro CA 92244-0073