Re: [TowerTalk] 80m Delta loop on 70' tower

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m Delta loop on 70' tower
From: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 12:57:10 -0500
I had tried the same thing for a test but used DPDT vacuum relays at both
feedpoints to isolate the feedlines. This way I cold easily switch
polarization from the shack.

Also did a test where I dropped a wire about 2' from the tower. Connected it
at the 40' point and ground. Put a variable cap in series with this wire. I
could change the resonance of the delta loop by varying the cap off the
tower. The delta loop was only 4' off the tower at the apex at 80' and about
15' away at the base wire of the delta loop. Guess I had interaction. But it
made for an interesting way to cover the entire band with a set of relays
and fixed caps on the tower.

73,
N2TK, Tony