Re: [TowerTalk] Why time delay on UST MDPL?

To: <richard@karlquist.com>, "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Why time delay on UST MDPL?
From: "Tod -ID" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 14:59:48 -0700
Rick:

I was told that they are available from other sources. For some reason I
think that they may be from GE or some other major relay manufacturer.

I think you have 'purchasing' connections -- maybe you can find a second
source and let us know. It would be in the archives of Tower Talk and should
be able to be googled in the future.

I have no idea when you are going "up,,,up and away" that your motor would
stall in the way you mention. Especially if all you do is to wait a few
seconds and then try it again and it works. Do you suppose there is some
sort of bearing problem in the gear down mechanism? Does it only stall going
up or does it also stall going down?

I did think of suggesting that you fiddle with the time delay pot but
figured you had already done that.

Tod