Re: [TowerTalk] Rainbow Towers - really BX

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>, <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rainbow Towers - really BX
From: "Larry WA9VRH" <wa9vrh@dishmail.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:46:36 -0600
Hi Steve and all,

The Rohn BX was also used as part of the  Hy-Gain 18-HT HY-Tower 80-10
Vertical Antenna

Worked great for that. I have to agree about your comments about climbing
one. Only had to one time and that was enough.

Also have read that people have taken a BX to be re-galvanized.  Supposedly
the rivets used on them are aluminum and met when hitting the hot
galvanizing they met and the tower is now in kit form. I cannot confirm
that.  Don't want to find out the hard way.
73 Larry WA9VRH