Re: [TowerTalk] Mixing concrete for a base

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mixing concrete for a base
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 01:02:55 -0500
From: "EZ Rhino" <ezrhino@fastmovers.biz>
To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 11:25 PM

> That reminds me of my concrete experience.  Myself and 4 friends
> wheelbarrowed 3 yards of concrete into the backyard in about 25 minutes.
> Distance was about 70 feet one way to the hole.  I laid down some old
> plywood on the lawn and made a 2x6 ramp to go up one step in the backyard
> to make the "drive" easier.  It really wasn't that big of a deal at all.
> Most of the time we had 3 wheelbarrows waiting in queue to go under the
> chute for a refill.  Don't be afraid of the wheelbarrow.  But the pizza
> and beer is on you when you're done. :-)
>
> Chris
> KF7P

Gents:

     If you don't trust yourself pushing a wheelbarrow, or if the pour is a
considerable amount greater than a few barrows full, you can rent a Georgia
buggie to haul the concrete from the mixer truck to the hole.  I had rented
one for my tower pour, but didn't need it.  The driver was skilled enough to
be able to back right up the the hole.

     Here are a couple of applicable pix of my installation:
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/ersmar/?action=view&current=GAbuggie.jpg
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/ersmar/?action=view&current=Concretetruckapproacheshole.jpg

.

73 de