[TowerTalk] Polyphaser

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Polyphaser
From: w4lde <w4lde@numail.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:53:03 -0400
I am installing new coax from the tower to the shack and have inserted a
polyphaser IS-50NX-CO,  N-style connector and wanted to check everything
out from the shack to the tower before I connect it to the beam.  The
polyphaser is located at an entrance panel some 30' from the shack.

The unit is not new but did come in the original box with all hardware
and instructions, however, how do I check out the unit to know if its
still good?

This is a DC blocking style so there's no connection between center
pins, I have a MFJ antenna analyzer but I don't think it sees past the
polyphaser fro the shack end.

How does one know if the unit is OK or not?  There is a varied opinion
as to there worth and maybe I should select a different product.  I
always disconnect the antennas in the shack but wanted to add some
protection at the building entrance plus I can also disconnect the coax
and also the rotor cables there.

73 de
Ron W4LDE