To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 87, Issue 76
From: W5KI <w5ki@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:07:20 -0500
Dan,

I concur with the other posters here, full-size elements, with some
bends would be preferrable, in my opinion too.  The variation of
extending the two dipoles out as close to 90 deg perpendicular to each
other is a good idea also, if space permitted.  But the main point is
that with the lot having 90 feet to use horizonally, before the 80m
ends would hang down, would make an effective antenna.

And without going into any antenna efficiency issues, the fact that
using no coils/traps is: (1) less visible, more attractive and (2)
less failure points in the future, both mechanically and from weather,
ice, etc.  are two good reasons to use full-size wire elements if at
all possible.  Good Luck.

Steve, W5KI