Re: [TowerTalk] coax stubs /bandpass filter

To: "Towertalk e-Goups" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] coax stubs /bandpass filter
From: "Dave - AB7E" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:03:05 -0700
Certainly.  Why would you think otherwise?  You just need low loss components.
Air wound coils would handle high power easily, but it's a bit trickier to find
capacitors that handle high RF current.  I bought some high power strip line RF
capacitors for a couple of filters that I have yet to assemble, but there are
other ways to do it.  If you don't think it can be done, check out the filters
sold by Array Solutions.

And of course not all filters need to be high power.  Those that protect a
receiver from out-of-band damage can have much less power capability ... a
couple hundred watts even if it needs to handle the outgoing power of a
transceiver.

Dave   AB7E