Re: [TowerTalk] HyGain AV640 Toroid core mix, or Beefing up an AV640

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HyGain AV640 Toroid core mix, or Beefing up an AV640
From: "Art Trampler" <atrampler@att.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 21:20:33 -0500
Roger,

I was having trouble with the choke overheating on 40 meters because it had
been wound with a lot of the windings at five o'clock instead of having the
evenly spaced.  Anyway, that is fixed now, but I considered as a work around
getting a higher power choke balun and 4:1 unun from Balun Designs.  Granted
it would have been pricey, but it would have done the job and might meet
your needs.

Art, KØRO