Re: [TowerTalk] Hazer replys

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hazer replys
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 02:01:40 -0400
I'd have to take this (
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/Tower29.htm ) through 3 sets of
guys.  It's 30 feet from the top of the tower to the top antennas which
have now been up just shy of 9 years.  The only problems have been the
LMR-400 UltraFlex pigtail jackets which have split and are now
disconnected.

BTW IIRC each guy anchor weights just shy of 20,000 #

I'll be 70 in just 2 more months. I was up there yesterday. My only
problem climbing is getting back in shape along with arthritis, but the
climbing is good for me. Hurts like the devil though.

Were I going to put up another tower (If I wind the lottery or buy the
right stock) I'd put up a heavy duty crank up, similar to that monster
that's been at Dayton the last two years, but 100-120 feet would be
plenty as long as it'd hold the antennas. Course if I won the lottery
I'd probably move and need two of those big monsters along with some
smaller ones....and a couple of new amps and rigs.

73

Roger (K8RI)