Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Question

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Question
From: "Dick Dievendorff" <dieven@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 00:23:38 -0700
I'd say that's a relatively expensive and potentially dangerous item to
leave outside in the snow.

I want to be near enough to observe the amplifier's operating
characteristics and be aware of any funny sounds, smells, smoke, bright
flashes, or meter excursions.  At some cost these observations could be
remoted with the appropriate sensor and automatic protection circuitry.

I can more easily consider putting a high power auto tuner out there and
running feedline with reasonable SWR so that the coax losses aren't great,
but keep the amp in the shack.

Just personal preferences. What you propose is certainly possible. I would
assume that there are commercial and military equipment that does this...

Dick, K6KR