Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com, vlincoln@frontiernet.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Question
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:25:41 EDT

In a message dated 4/13/2010 3:48:52 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  In regards to long runs of coax, has any thought EVER  been
given to RG213 to a remote tuned high power amplifier
at the base  of the tower.  I've thought about it, and for
costs, it might be cost  effective.  I'm sure someone has this
working for them  somewhere.  What do you guru's say to this?

Some potential problems  with the amp as already mentioned but you don't
get the real advantage for  long coax runs with low loss coax which is less
loss on the received signals. If  you can't hear them - you can't work them,
no matter how much power you're  running.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH