Re: [TowerTalk] Coax

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 20:02:35 -0400
I too agree that PL type connectors are fine at HF.

Speaking of junk connectors; I used the MFJ 259B to try and measure a new
dummy load up thru 2 meters. A PL to N adaptor was used at the MFJ as the
load had an N connector. The return loss (SWR) was fine at HF but at 2
meters it did not look too flat. I discovered that the PL to N adaptor was
an off brand one. I replaced it with an amphenol and the return loss was
much better at 2 meters.

73
Gary  K4FMX