Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring Guy Positions

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring Guy Positions
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:54:27 -0400
Mark:

     If you don't have a CAD system, but DO have the drawing used to
identify your property when you bought it (it might be called a plat plan),
you can use that instead.  I made several dozen copies of my plat plan over
the years as I added a deck, two-story addition (which included my present
Ham shack) and finally my tower.  I used the latest versions when I hung my
inverted L and various Ewes for Topband, as well as for the tower itself.
This approach likely would be more accurate than your own CAD version, as it
should have been laid out by a licensed land surveyor.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F