Re: [TowerTalk] 2 element quad on a 17.5' roof tower?

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2 element quad on a 17.5' roof tower?
From: Michael Goins <wmgoins@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 08:41:19 -0500
A quad is three dimensional. With the quad boom at roughly 18 feet, the
spiders would drop 14-16 feet or so below that so the roof would be more
like 2-4 feet below the wire on 20 meters. Have you considered the Hex beam?
It would be up and away form the roof much better than a standard or
gem-type quad.

Mike, k5wmg
Pipe Creek, Texas
Fast cars, slow boats, big dogs, and summers off to write