Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA
From: Stan Stockton <k5go@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 19:57:33 -0500
David,

HFTA will give some false information with close spacing for stacked
antennas.  I don't think you would want to stack them that close -
less than a half wavelength.

Not that you can do it but it would be interesting to see what the
relative figure of merit was if the tower was instead located 60
meters closer to the drop off.  In that location you may find that one
antenna at a certain height is as good as it gets in the direction of
the drop off.

Stan, K5GO

Sent from Stan's IPhone

On Apr 21, 2010, at 7:42 PM, "David J. Sourdis - HK1A" <hk1kxa@hotmail.com