Re: [TowerTalk] Tilt Up Tower

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tilt Up Tower
From: EZ Rhino <ezrhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 16:06:28 -0600
This is how I lifted my tower from horizontal to vertical:  I parked my jeep in
the driveway, which is on the opposite side of the house from the tower (in the
backyard).  I pulled my Jeep's winch cable up and over the roof and down to the
top of the tower where it was attached with a nylon sling.  On the peak of the
roof I built an X frame out of 2x6's with a roller on it for the cable to go
over so it didn't dig into the shingles.  A friend operated the winch via my
commands on an HT from the backyard.  It worked perfectly.

When there's a will, there's a way!

Chris
KF7P