Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base In Concrete

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base In Concrete
From: "Hank Lonberg" <kr7x1@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 13:01:07 -0700
Steve:

First of all why do you want to attach the tower section to
the rebar. This would serve no useful function unless you are
trying to hold the section up while you pour the base. Just
attach some 2x lumber to the legs and support on top of the
forms this takes the load off the rebar cage.

Next the tower section is worthless as foundation
reinforcement, sorry Mark. It has little area and what area it
has is in the wrong direction to do any good as reinforcement.
The reinforcement in the base is horizontal not vertical. Just
put in #4@12" each way top and bottom with 3" clear from the
sides top and bottom.

Regards
Lonberg Design Group, Ltd