Re: [TowerTalk] Gap Challenger Comparison Testing Studies

To: towertalk@contesting.com, ka2qwc@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gap Challenger Comparison Testing Studies
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 14:16:19 EDT

In a message dated 4/25/2010 8:38:22 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Has anyone done a study? evaluating? the GAP CHallenger  DX,?against
other verticals?
Butternuts, Hygain, CrushCraft, Steppir rtc..

>  If so I would like to see the results as the peratin to  performance. I
am not intersted in anecdotal evidence just fact. If any one  has performed
testing I would like to hear from you. If there is enough?  response I will
summarize and post the results.

    Yessireebob. To quote from _www.championradio.com_
(http://www.championradio.com) , "Now you can  read an unbiased report on how
they really
performed. Antennas tested include  the Cushcraft R8, Butternut HF6V, MFJ 1798,
Force 12 ZR-3 and V-3, Diamond  CP-6, Hustler 6BTV and Gap Titan. It's 64
pages of protocol, data sets and  summaries. Presented at the Dayton
Hamvention."

    Not exactly the Challenger but full of lots of  actual data and
observations. It's the only on-the-air HF vertical comparison  report in the
world.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
Champion Radio Products