[TowerTalk] Making the most out of utility poles

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Making the most out of utility poles
From: Rudy Bakalov <r_bakalov@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 13:10:59 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,
A friend of mine was able to procure and deliver for me four 40' utility poles.
 I plan on using them for a 4SQ set up by mounting aluminum tubing to the top
and running wires along the sides to build full-size 1/4 elements for 80m.
The specifications recommend 5 1/2' of the pole to be in the ground so I am
left with 35' above ground. I was wondering if you guys have some creative
ideas how to make the most out of the poles. A quick idea that comes to mind is
wire log-periodics for 20-10m, fixed is some key locations.
Any other suggestions?
Rudy N2WQ