Re: [TowerTalk] Rohm 45g Takedown Tips Wanted

To: towertalk@contesting.com, robert.west@just-micro.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohm 45g Takedown Tips Wanted
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 18:17:48 EDT

In a message dated 5/2/2010 7:30:14 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I've taken down a few 25g towers but this is my first  45g takedown.
200 foot with a Torque Arm Stabilizer.  Never had to  deal with that one.

>  Any do's or don't's?

>  Yes, using a Gin Pole, Jack, Snatch Block, etc.   Safety is number one
with this crew.  I have the basics covered, just  looking for any weird
issues to be prepared for.  New territory for  me.

    Sure. Strip everything off of the top section  before lowering it -
e.g. rotator, guys, mast, etc. It'll be heavy enough  without all that
extraneous stuff on it. If it has the Guy Assembly, you might  consider taking
that
off too. And definitely take the TAS (star bracket) off.  The lighter it is
- the easier it'll be.

    Have a TowerJack handy - you'll probably have  trouble getting some of
the sections apart. I think that's what you meant by  Jack above. A car
bottle jack or scissor jack will also work but aren't as  handy.

    Have a bucket for all the parts you take off. And  plan a good lunch
for the crew!

Cheers & GL,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -