Re: [TowerTalk] : wind loading

To: towertalk@contesting.com, k9kl@centurytel.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] : wind loading
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 18:34:48 EDT

In a message dated 5/2/2010 7:30:14 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  ND9Z and myself are trying to calculate what size tubing  I need for my
planned 4*6M-5XG array. What I'd like to know is this:how  many pounds of
force does the wind exert on each square foot of antenna  load at 80MPH. Is
there an online guide to that? Just trying to figure if  a 4.5 inch with a
.250 wall thickness is in the ballpark for 80 MPH. This  would be the
croosboom. I'm planning 2 inch by .187 wall for the vertical  peices. This
would be a 20 foot by 20 foot H frame. The antennas have a  2.7 sq ft
rating
each.

        Funny you should ask. While  it doesn't account for crossbooms or
similar more complicated installations, the  Mast, Antenna  Rotator
Calculator (MARC) Program will give you the info you  need. And it's only ten
bucks
from _www.championradio.com_ (http://www.championradio.com) .

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC