Re: [TowerTalk] 2" OD tubing inside a Rohn 25AG2

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2" OD tubing inside a Rohn 25AG2
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 17:14:57 -0400
I disagree.  There is nothing wrong with using aluminum masts, if properly
engineered.  I used them on two towers at P40A and they held up fine under
the constant wind and even a nearby hurricane.  Best of all they did not
corrode and require the constant maintenance that my Rohn tower did.  These
masts were 2 1/2 diameter x 1/2 wall 6061-T6 and supported multiple
antennas.

73,
John KK9A