Re: [TowerTalk] Rope Guy Adjusters?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rope Guy Adjusters?
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 07:30:59 +0100
AI4WM Bill wrote:
>Wal-mart, Lowe's, ACE & Home Depot sell the same thing for about
>$3.00.  They work fine.

I've had very good experience with larger rope grips using the same
3-ball system, which gives a very firm hold on a 3-twist rope. They
really are superb... but they are also 50% bigger than the ones we're
talking about here, all metal and built to NATO specs.

The same grips made to 'home hardware specifications' could have several
points of failure, starting probably with the bent wire bail. Would
anyone in the USA care to try a destructive test?

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek