Re: [TowerTalk] Taco DMX install instructions (same as Delhi)

To: Jim Thomson <Jim.thom@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Taco DMX install instructions (same as Delhi)
From: knesbitt <k.nesbitt@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 17:18:16 -0600
I am using 3/4" grade 5  (F593C) stainless bolts on my Delhi HD and
wondered if anyone has a torque spec for these in this application?
Looking at the Taco/Delhi installation sheet I see they have specified a
star type lock washer. I've used the split compression type and am
wondering if they should be replaced? In several instances I can turn
the entire nut/bolt assembly on the leg with the big torque wrench and
in those cases I can see the washer is fully compressed however for some
reason there is a slight gap between the two ends of the washer when
compressed. The ones that are rock solid tight have a nice tight
compression to the lock washer without any gap showing.

Kirb - VE6IV