[TowerTalk] Speaking of baluns

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Speaking of baluns
From: "anthony" <k2vi@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 15:18:02 -0400
In my 20 years of antenna experience the (beast of all) baluns ever made was
the centaur balun however there only producing baluns for the government . They
were built like a panzer tank and can handle any mismatch. The coax would melt
but the centaur would be unscathed. Now the best balun you can aquire is the
BALUN DESIGN balun made by one person(rob) in texas. He makes them to your
specifications. He is the only company who shows the inside of the balun on his
site. I dont see any other company doing that. I have abused his baluns for
many years and there still perfect. Theese baluns are indestructable and his
prices are a lot less than amidon or dx engineering. I feel his baluns can be
passed on for generations so maybe my grandkids will have mine one day.73

tony k2vi