[TowerTalk] Ground System: Equipment Ground

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ground System: Equipment Ground
From: Jerry <grf@uneedspeed.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 13:39:19 -0700
I've been "redoing" my grounding system with arrestors, new control
boxes, new underground cable runs, etc. and now am faced with adding my
equipment ground to the SPG at the entrance of my shack.  My first
thought was to purchase a 6-8 ft copper ground  bar to attached each
piece of equipment....and then a length of #2 to the SPG.  That is,
until I found out the cost of copper bars these days.  Any suggestions
for a substitute?  Would a length of 1/2 or 3/4 inch copper pipe work
okay?  What would be the best way to connect the equipments' grounding
straps to this pipe?  Your ideas would be appreciated.
I hope this is an allowed question for this mail group.  If not, please
excuse the bandwidth.
Tnx & 73
Jerry France
K7LY