[TowerTalk] Beefing Cushcraft D40 mast clamps-

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beefing Cushcraft D40 mast clamps-
From: "\(N0AH\) Bryon \"Paul\" Veal" <bryonveal@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:00:29 -0600
Here in south Denver yesterday, we got 60-70 MPH winds- a number of us
experienced problems from broken rotors to downed verticals.  My only problem
was my Cushcraft 40M RTD spun about 10 degrees on the mast- not too much to
complain about but has any one modified mast mounting brackets on one of these
class of antennas to beef up the grip on the mast?  I'm concerned if I tighten
up the U-bolts much more, I stand to crack them- any suggestions welcomed- you
can see the D-40 manual at the MFJ/Cushcraft site for more details- Lot's of
possibilities to screw things up, hi

73  Paul  N0AH