Re: [TowerTalk] 25G questions - House Bracket Noise

To: <ac9s@mchsi.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 25G questions - House Bracket Noise
From: "Bob Moore" <ki6iv@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 19:34:35 -0700
I have a Rohn 25 bracketed to the house in 2 places, 10' up and at the 25'
level  The tower is 50' high with a 10' mast with a 3 el tribander.  I put
lags at the lower bracket and 3/8" dia bolts drilled through at the higher
level.  The house is constructed with 2x6 studs due to the snow load.  This
is also a fairly windy area, especially when we receive the big winter
storms.  The tower is secured to the brackets with U bolts, very tightly.
I have no vibration, noise or any problems with it.  Been up for 20+ years.
Also I put some guys at the top, don't think I really need them, but they
certainly give me reassurance.

Where I used to work we had a rohn 25, 50' high bracketed to the building in
2 places, one at 20' and the other near the top, had some commercial
antennas on it, light load.  Never had any problems with it for 30 years.  I
think the key is to have a solid installation with nothing loose and all
bolts tight.

Good luck with whatever you choose.........Bob,   K6NV