[TowerTalk] VOACAP now online

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] VOACAP now online
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 08:47:01 -0400
TT:

    We in MD just received the note below from our SM.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

==> PROPAGATION COMPUTER PROGRAM "VOACAP" IS ONLINE

Making point-to-point HF propagation predictions is now
easier than ever as "VOACAP" Online,
http://online.voacap.com, has been opened to the public.

The service uses VOACAP (Voice of America Coverage
Analysis Program) which is arguably one of the best HF
prediction engines available on the market today.

VOACAP Online is free to all and makes using VOACAP a
'no-brainer.'  Just enter the coordinates of the
transmitter and the receiver, and that's all.

To find the coordinates, you can use the Google Maps
based QTH Locator at http://www.voacap.com/qth.html

The prediction is given as a "circuit reliability"
graph that shows the probability of achieving a CW-grade
transmission quality between the transmitter and the
receiver.

VOACAP is a radio propagation model that uses empirical
data to predict the point-to-point path loss if given as
inputs: two antennae (configuration and position), solar
weather, and time/date.

It was originally designed for Voice of America.

Thanks to Jari Perkiomaki, OH6BG, and Ken Claerbout
(VOA ARC, K3VOA, President), K4ZW, for supplying this
infomation.

Notes:  See the 'Quick Guide' at: http://www.voacap.com/