Re: [TowerTalk] A new rotor

To: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@adinet.com.uy>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A new rotor
From: Ryan Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 21:01:54 -0400
Sure about that? I have a friend who has a C31XR, a WARC antenna (also
by F12) and a 2 element 40m yagi on the same mast, and he's not using
a prosistel, prop pitch or anything like that.

I do however have a Prosistel PST71D and I can in fact attest to the
fact that it will turn a house if you give it the chance. Only two
problems with it, and those are that it is expensive ($2500 when I
bought it) and the readout is a pot which may end up failing after
some time. But mine has been good so far (knock on wood).

You also have to be careful as the feedback loop is in the controller
which means that absent of a properly working pot for the readout, you
can have a very dangerous situation where the rotor will just keep
spinning, breaking cables and doing lots of damage.

But otherwise it is a very strong rotator and the service from Array
solutions (who I bought it from) is absolutely fabulous.

Ryan, N2RJ

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Jorge Diez - CX6VM
<cx6vm.jorge@adinet.com.uy> wrote:
> Luciano,
>
> For this two big antennas you need a big rotor, like ProPitch or Prosistel
>
> 73,
> Jorge
> CX6VM/CW5W

Ryan A. Jairam,