Re: [TowerTalk] 75ohm cable

To: "Towertalk@contesting .com" <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 75ohm cable
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:18:43 -0700
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:47:32 -0500, Carol Richards wrote:

>All of my yagis are 50 ohm, fed through rf chokes to the feed point. Can
>I just connect the 75 ohm and not worry about the small mismatch

Yes. This is rather low loss cable, and the additional loss due to mismatch
(which is 1.5:1) is less than 0.2dB worst case.

>or do I need to  use some type of matching network?

Nothing at the antenna. A power amp with an output matching network (most
tube amps) will have no problem with it. Solid state amps may want an
antenna tuner in the shack.

73, Jim Brown K9YC