[TowerTalk] US Tower IV-16 Inverted V mount issues

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower IV-16 Inverted V mount issues
From: Eric Dobrowansky K2WD <k2wd@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 21:12:58 +0000 (UTC)

  Anyone using the US Tower IV-16 inverted V bracket?

I have one installed here, and have already seen it spin around approx.  90-120
degrees  while rotating the antenna stack, and it almost yanked my dipole to
shreads.

Has anyone experienced this, and solved it, by using some sort of lubricant
between the mast and IV mount?   Maybe grease like that which is put into the
thrust bearing via the fitting? Or some other sort of lubricant?

Otherwise,    I think I will be lowering the tower and moving the dipole pulley
off the IV16 and re-attaching it to one of the cross-members of the upper
section.  I used that method on my last tower for years. Just need an extra
hand to hold the ropes away from the tower face when raising or lowering the
tower. But at least you can turn the antenna stack without the fear of tearing
up the wire antennas.   Then, the next time I bring the tower horizontal, trash
the darn IV-16.....

Eric

K2CB