Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800 Cable

To: "Luciano Gasparini Nachif" <luciano_nachif@yahoo.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800 Cable
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 20:13:18 -0500
Luciano:

I just had a similar situation: Bought a G2800 but already had about 200+'
of existing buried rotor cable, so what came in the G2800 kit was surplus to
my needs.

The Molex connectors & pins (both male & female) as well as the connector
for the rotor are available from Yaesu (in the USA, anyway). The parts are
not especially cheap (maybe around US$30), but they are available. You will
also need a suitable crimp tool for the Molex pins; the pins for the rotor
connector can be soldered.

Since you can buy plug & shell, plus both genders of pins, you can easily
make extension cables, test jigs, or remote pigtails for testing right at
your tower. Similarly, the older SDX rotor controllers (all of them: G800,
G1000, G28000) are compatible with the newer DXA series, except they use
different connectors....if you can obtain the older connectors, you can make
pigtails so you can swap rotors & controllers as spares.

I suggest you contact your local distributor. Worst case, if that fails, you
can order the parts from the Yaesu USA.

About a month ago I ordered these parts and can look up the part numbers if
you need them.

Perhaps Mouser, Digikey, and other large parts houses have them, but I don't
know for sure.

GL es 73
Dan
K0DAN