[TowerTalk] Need selsyns for Telrex rotor

To: towertalk@contesting.com, w3mc@verizon.net
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need selsyns for Telrex rotor
From: NPAlex@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 22:59:45 EDT

Mike,

I have several selsyns, but all are 115v 60 Hz types - I think you  will
find that the voltage on yours is also 110v, but at 400 Hz (aircraft
generator frequency) and dropping the voltage to 57 vac 60 Hz was necessary to
limit the current and heating.   I have a pair known as 5 pounders,  they are
about 3" in dia. and 6" in length plus shaft.  I also have small  units about
1.5" in dia. and 3" in length.  You can mix and match with a  little
balancing of voltage.

Give me more details of the dimensions and maybe I can match up  something.

Norm W4QN