Re: [TowerTalk] OTQ

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OTQ
From: "Its from Onion" <aredandgold@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:11:58 -0500
Dale,

I made a bet that this thread would revert to a house bracket tower wind load
question.

Its not really the people fault that only read the Rohn manual and never have
climbed a tower.
They don't understand how nervous the company bean counters get when someone
sues them.
The wind blows and someone gets sued.
That they don't have Rohn specs dated 25 years ago that spec 25 like 45 is
specked today.

As far as 'them' telling me I should be 'worrying' about adding a extra 6 sq.
ft of wind load, I don't.

Why, you ask?

The 3el 40m was so heavy when we tramed the antenna up it bent the DOM mast!
What did we do?
Replace the tower?  Replace the mast pole?

Nope, we rotated the mast, hooked the truck back up to the pole and pulled it
back straight!

I GUARANTEE YOU that we put more stress on that tower that ANY hurricane wind
could.

So yes Dale I think you had a great set-up and like yours, mine don't creek,
move or sway.

Take care and
73,
Lee