Re: [TowerTalk] Flying critters

To: "Roger \(K8RI\)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Flying critters
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:26:31 -0500
Yup right back at ya!

First: I am not a doctor.

But I think the distinction is
a) ease the pain of a sting (meat tenderizer)
vs
b) go into anaphalactic shock due to allergy (have an Epi-Pen or a nearby
ambulance)

Maybe there are shades of gray.

I guess if you get stung, and have nothing better, the meat tenderizer can't
hurt, but my point was more to those who do/might have bee venom allergy,
and if stung, need immediate EMS.

I have never had a crisis event, but do have a variety of low-grade
allergies, and each time I get stung (about once a year), the reaction is a
bit worse than the prior sting. My XYL is the same way but last year got
stung and all was OK but the it became a rather serious wound (took 2-3
weeks to go away) and the doc said she should start carrying an "Epi Pen
just in case".

YMMV.

Health + GL + 73

Dan