Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn HDBX Advice

To: "Kelley" <kshaddrick@jetup.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn HDBX Advice
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:17:41 -0400
Kelley:

     First of all, don't drill any more holes in your tower.  The damaged
hole will eventually weaken with rust, especially on the thin steel of an
HDBX tower.  There are other, non-destructive ways to attach your ground
wires.

     Try McMaster-Carr  http://www.mcmaster.com/#cap-screws/=8h6qu6  for the
full threaded hardware you need.  I can't imagine that full-thread 9/16 inch
bolts are unavailable to you.

     If you are truly unsuccessful, you might try an electrical supplier
that carries Harger connectors.  I used their 213-T
http://www.harger.com/products/grdcmp/mech/bc/bc.cfm  connectors to connect
the #2 ground wires to my Trylon angle steel tower legs.  Just be mindful
that they won't tighten too well on smaller gauges than #6 (#8 and above.)

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F