[TowerTalk] HDR-300 V-ring seal

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] HDR-300 V-ring seal
From: Shane Autrey KI4M <iam4thapack@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 19:22:52 -0700 (PDT)
I am working on a used HDR-300 that I am rebuilding. I just received my new
V-ring seal in teh mail. Just to be certain that I am doing this 100% correctly
which side of the seal mates against the outside of the gear box? There is a
noticeable bevel on one side of the seal and the other side obviously can be
made to be flat when installed. The one I removed had the beveled side up which
would put it against the bottom of the rotor plate in the tower itself. The
flat part was down against the gear box housing. The manual isn't that
descriptive in showing which way to install it. I just wanted to make sure this
was 100% correct before I put it back on.

Shane Autrey KI4M EM95dr